Monday, March 9, 2020

The Ideal Relationship




Someone recently asked what this looks like for me.  Here's a brief history and why it's important...

  • Parents divorced in the 70s.
  • My two divorces and that of my siblings.
  • Many failed dating relationships
So for me, I'd dearly love to have a relationship that works instead of one that goes south because of sinful behavior.  Forgive me if this sounds simple.  It is.  First of all, I'm male and we deal in boxes.  That's why the bullet points.    

Here's my idea.....

  • Put God first - it's hard and will be a daily struggle for all of us.
  • Apply biblical principles to your life - yes, you actually need to know and study the bible.
  • Be willing to pray together for the guidance of the Holy Spirit in your daily walk.
  • Be accountable to one another and have other necessary accountability folks.  Don't be afraid to ask others. Proverbs 27:6
***These principles apply to all your relationships  including dating and friendships.  Please realize that even if you include these things daily, you'll still have problems.  Be an adult and fix them.  Cut and run never works.  Neither does pride, denial and making excuses.  Take down the walls, process your baggage and bring your junk into the light.  John 3:19.  

God tells us to pick up our cross daily and follow Him.  It's says nothing about paying lukewarm lip service.

Source ideas - George Kenworthy - Marriage Makeover, Minor Touchups to Major Renovations with some additions of my own.


Blessings on your day.

The Sluggard of Proverbs 12:27

Daily thoughts on faith and life:  😏 A person wants friendship but refuses to adopt the attributes of a safe person and would rather be tox...