Monday, March 23, 2020

What Do We Do Now?


Why the flowers?  Photography and long drives helped me process my divorce.  Rough journey but beautiful photos.  And using my own work, I don't have to worry about copyright.

Antidote is Love:  A short video on the church website sharing 1 John 4:18 and 1 Cor 13 is the inspiration for this post.  I tried to share it here but my tech skills are not that great.  I won't quote the verses - you can look those up.  Focus on the greek word for love - agape.  Get a greek lexicon or bible dictionaries and you'll see how rich it is.

What do we do now?  Worry, fear, more news etc sure isn't the answer unless you desire the ditch of negativity.  Here are some ideas...

  • The God sized hole in your heart that you try to fill with everything but God sure isn't working and will never work.  Perhaps start with Him?
  • But Mike, that's really hard.  May I suggest starting with a devotional like Our Daily Bread?  https://odb.org/  
  • Difficult times present opportunities to help others.
  • Reduce your news intake
  • Stay in touch with family and friends via phone or messenger, etc.
  • Talk to your kids about Jesus.  They already know you're frightened.  Focus on the positive.
  • Are you willing to help others?  
God loves you.  John 3:16 is a wonderful verse to leave you with.  I'll try to publish daily if you'd like to subscribe.  Blessings.
  

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The Sluggard of Proverbs 12:27

Daily thoughts on faith and life:  😏 A person wants friendship but refuses to adopt the attributes of a safe person and would rather be tox...