Friday, November 6, 2020

It's not one size fits all...


Thoughts, and questions, etc.

There are people in desperate need of attention.  Why?  Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder?  Just plain needy?  Lonely?  Mental illness?  Someone who reaches out to an old flame 8 days after her husband dies is beyond bizarre.  Two things are very clear:  mental illness and great need is present in the church.

  • Are Celebrate Recovery leaders equipped to handle these issues?  I don't know.
  • Can AA, CR and Narconon can be helpful?  What many argue about is they are not faith based.  But CR supposedly is?  Yet people are very much in disagreement on that topic. 
  • I've stated before that it's not a "one size fits all" program. God can deliver people in different ways.  For example, I attended one meeting in the mid 90s at the New Life Center in Fargo and never went to another.
  • Addiction is a disease?
  • With the price of therapy, a person without insurance can't afford a counselor.  Perhaps this is a viable alternative?
  • And I must say, after countless discussion with my therapist friend, plus much research, codependency is confusing.
Proverbs 6:35:  He will not accept any ransom, nor will he be satisfied though you give many gifts.

Key words/phrases: context:  6:30-35


What does it say?  A short blog today.  Out of time.  I'll do better tomorrow.

What does it mean?   Adultery is a big deal and you're dealing with the rage of a jealous, betrayed husband.  It is not wise to tread here.

Study Questions:  

The next right thing (application):    Blessings on your day.  😇

Free resources:  Personal favorite: e-sword.net for free bible study software.  Intothyword.org for inductive study information.  Biblegateway.com is also a great resource.  Tons of free resources on the internet.  😀 

Disclaimer:  I get one Proverb verse in email each day (except Sunday) so these are not selected by me.  I try to stick to the list.  I also don't blog daily.  Just when I've time...

The Sluggard of Proverbs 12:27

Daily thoughts on faith and life:  😏 A person wants friendship but refuses to adopt the attributes of a safe person and would rather be tox...