Thursday, June 25, 2020

Proverbs 25:9...



Daily musings, gripes, etc.  (limit 3-5)  😏
  1. Connecting in a new church isn't easy.

Proverbs 25:9 - Argue your case with your neighbor and do not reveal the secret of another,

Key words/phrases: context is Prov 25:8-10
  • argue/debate/plead/make H7378
  • case
  • neighbor
  • do not reveal
  • secret

What does it say (in my own words)?  Talk to your neighbor and don't blab what's discussed.

What does it mean?  Context is crucial.  See verses 8-10.  I'm reminded of Matthew 18:15.  Conflict resolution is supposed to begin as a private matter between two parties.

Study Questions:  
  1. Can disputes be solved by the church?
  2. What do we do with 1 Cor 6?
Personal application:   Follow the Bible steps.  Matthew 18:15-17 for starters. ....Blessings on your day.  😇

Free resources:  e-sword.net for free bible study software.  Intothyword.org for inductive study information.

Disclaimer:  I get one Proverb verse in email each day (except Sunday) so these are not selected by me.  I try to stick to the list.  I also don't blog daily.  Just when I've time.

The Sluggard of Proverbs 12:27

Daily thoughts on faith and life:  😏 A person wants friendship but refuses to adopt the attributes of a safe person and would rather be tox...