Thursday, June 18, 2020

Proverbs 18:11---Silly Rich People



Daily musings, heartaches, gripes, etc.  (limit 3-5)  😏
  1. The world situation has me greatly confused and concerned for my children and grandchildren.
  2. Church people say the strangest things.
  • I am what I am because someone hurt my feelings and I'll show them.  (pride much?)
  • My husband was a weak Christian and that's why I haven't grown.
  • God told me to divorce my husband.  (Really?  email or text message?)
Proverbs 18:11 --- A rich man's wealth is his strong city, and like a high wall in his own imagination. (NASB)

Key words/phrases: 
  • rich H6223
  • wealth H1952
  • strong/strength/fortified H5797
  • city H7151
  • high wall
  • imagination/conceit/mind H4906 

 What does it say (in my own words)?  Silly rich people trust in their money and pride.

What does it mean?  Riches and pride ruins many.  God isn't first in their lives.  And sadly they are deceived by their arrogance.  Haughtiness (pride) is hated by God.

Study Questions:  


Personal application:  Develop humility.  Stay in the Word and keep praying.  Dig in and study!  Blessings on your day.  😇

Free resources:  e-sword.net for free bible study software.  Intothyword.org for inductive study information.

Disclaimer:  I get one Proverb verse in email each day (except Sunday) so these are not selected by me.  I try to stick to the list.  I also don't blog daily.  Just when I've time.

The Sluggard of Proverbs 12:27

Daily thoughts on faith and life:  😏 A person wants friendship but refuses to adopt the attributes of a safe person and would rather be tox...